Sunday, December 28, 2008

Retreat, Day 3 - 5:15 PM Be With Jesus

My notes written after the preached meditation on Saturday, November 15, 2008, at 5:15 PM:


Jesus is with us. He desires our friendship. Open wide the doors of your heart to Him! Are you content to see Him pass by? Are you satisfied with occasional encounters?

It can be scary to contemplate spending every second in His presence. Won't he take something from me?

He takes nothing. He gives everything. Superabundance! Do I desire justice? Christ is justice. Truth? He is truth. Am I oppressed by darkness? Christ is the light. Do I desire peace? Christ gave His peace to the apostles.

Jesus is here today. He is in my soul - so long as I am in the state of grace. He sustains our very being. We see Him in the tabernacle. We hear Him - through the priest - at confession. We taste Him in the Eucharist.

Be with Him. Thank Him - for everything. Ask for His help - with everything. Pray constantly. He is more attentive to our thoughts, needs, hopes, desires than any human spouse or parent.

Hold nothing back from His light. Allow Him to shine into every corner of your soul.

No comments: