Sunday, November 23, 2008

God is with us: Retreat Day 2, 11:30 AM

My notes from Day 2 of my retreat, Friday at 11:30 AM:


God is with us. Each of us is worth so much to God that He gave His life for us; even if only I were to ever be saved, He would have done the same. The central fact about ourselves is that God is our Father. This is true for everyone! Everyone is worthy of the dignity of sons of God.

How do we help others? By being one - "at-one-ness" - with God; our sanctity (which is a gift from God) connects us to God Who connects us to everyone. Our love for ourselves, for our neighbors, and for God are all connected. They grow and shrink as one. If I don't love my neighbor, I can't love either myself or God.

So our life is to grow in love for God - and help others to do the same. Sanctity in how we rest; we don't rest from our families, we rest with them. Sanctity at work where everyone is an image of God. Sanctity in our country - we must strive to bring about a culture of life and combat the evils of the present day. Sanctity in our eating and drinking. Be God for your fellows. Remember they are the image of God. Strive to ignite in them the spark which you have received.

No comments: